Break-ups may seem like the toughest times ever, but in hindsight, they teach you more about love and life than anything else in the world. Yes, they’re difficult to deal with but to think of it, heartbreaks are important. They prepare you for so many important things in life. Here’s what you can learn from your break-up!
1. Life can never be planned. Just when you think you’re sorted, something goes wrong and your whole life turns upside down. Unpredictability is the essence of life and there’s no escaping that.
2. There’s nobody you cannot live without. You may miss them; life may be different or even difficult without them but not impossible. Life moves on, always.
3. No matter how much you may fight it, people change. People evolve and sometimes, they become complete strangers all of a sudden. They grow up to be someone you never thought they would.
4. A relationship is not the ulterior motive of your life. There’s so much more to life than just romance. An end of a relationship is not the end of your life.
5. There’s no better company than yourself. A break-up teaches you to stop constantly seeking others’ attention and support. It teaches you to be okay with being alone, and rather, enjoy it.
6. You’re much stronger than you think you are. You may think you will never be able to get over someone, but eventually you do and life is just as good as it was before, probably even better.
7. When you’re in love, the hardest compromises come easy. It’s simple. If there’s too much effort involved in doing something, it is rarely worth it.
8. Every person you meet causes a change in you, whether you realize it or not. No relationship will ever be a waste of your time. It will help you evolve, help you grow into a wiser person. That’s what we call ‘experience’.
9. Not every love is ‘forever’ and that is perfectly fine. Not everything in this world needs to be eternal and timeless. It doesn’t matter how long a relationship lasted, what matters is how good it was.