This 28-year-old freelance photographer’s Instagram account is replete with ‘awww’- inducing and mushy photos of him and his girlfriend. Except there is no girlfriend, and all the images have simply been manipulated to give a sense of an alternate reality—a reality where Keisuke Jinushi isn’t single and is very much in love!
Jinushi was apparently tired of seeing all the lovey-dovey images of his friends with their girlfriends on social media. He wanted what they had, and frankly was tired of being lonely so he created an imaginary girlfriend.
And although these staged photos are actually quite impressive and hilarious, one can totally argue that they’re creepy too!
This also goes on to prove that what you see online is not necessarily always true.
1. What an adorable picture!
3. The taste of love can be very sweet…
4. Unless when you’ve to feed yourself.
5. It’s quite easy actually to create an illusion. Just dress up your hand and feet! We swear it’s not creepy at all.
6. Fake girlfriends can make your commute a lot more interesting.
7. DEFINITELY INTERESTING!
8. Apparently, his grandma thinks that he is being way too pathetic.
9. And although we don’t fully agree, there can be a little truth in that.
10. A romantic date…
11. With a tripod and a wig!
12. Don’t be shy, he says.
13. “Taking a picture on your own may be embarrassing, but think about all the jealousy you’ll get after uploading it on social networking sites –for that sake, just bear the embarrassment.”